To promote sports tourism and positive economic development statewide through a variety of actions, programs and efforts to attract and encourage the hosting of sporting events in Indiana.
What we do
- Provide professional development and educational opportunities
- Activate at industry tradeshows
- Collect and disseminate best practices and news within the sports tourism industry
- Calculate the economic impact of sporting events using the Sports Economic Impact Calculator developed specifically for our members
- Offer collaborative participation in national publications
- Promote member news and events using social media, the Sports Indiana website, and newsletters
- Administer the Sports Indiana Grant Program
Sports Indiana is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors.
Get to know our Board of Directors
Muncie Visitors Bureau/Muncie Sports Commission
Evansville Convention & Visitors Bureau
Hoosier Sports Corporation
Game Day USA
Terre Haute Convention & Visitors Bureau
Get to know our Executive Committee
William Knox, President
Grant Park Sports Campus
Larry Lux, Treasurer
Shelby County Tourism & Visitors Bureau
Melissa Caito, Director at Large
Indiana Sports Corp
Eric Marvin, Vice President
Evansville Sports Corporation
Stephanie Coleman, Secretary
Visit Fort Wayne
Rick Flutka, Director at Large
South Shore Convention & Visitors Authority
We have more than 20 communities ready to host your events in Indiana.
Find upcoming events across the state.
Organizations hosting sporting events in Indiana are eligible to apply.